Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gingerbread

When I had the gals over for our artist trading card session the other day, I served my mom's gingerbread. It was yummy and easy to make.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. cloves
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t. salt
1 cup hot water
Optional: 1/2 cup either walnuts, raisins or currants

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg, molasses, then dry ingredients sifted together. Add hot water. Beat until smooth. Bake in greased, 10" round pan at 350F for 35-40 min.
I added a chocolate ganache topping: 2 small (85% cocoa) Lindt bars with (about) 1/4 cup whipping cream. Melt on top of stove in small pot on low heat until smooth. Pour over top of cake. (I added candied ginger to top it off.)

1 comment:

Jack D'Mestiere said...

Could you fax us a piece please? Just a small one though, I'm trying to diet...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails