Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birds, Flowers and Fiddleheads

I have three rose breasted grosbeaks at my feeder. They are just gorgeous! I photographed this one a few days ago and now notice how many more leaves are out today. Pretty soon the leaves will be so full I won't be able to see the birds quite so easily.


I planted my pansies last weekend. They are such happy looking flowers and always make me smile.


I noticed this very fluffy daffodil planted amongst my grape hyacinths.


Aren't these daffodils fabulous?


Just crazy! This will likely be the last week for them as the days are getting warmer...


...and the trilliums are blooming like mad. The forest floor is just gorgeous, covered in white trilliums. This little bunch comes back every year in my garden.


So does this small clump of purple primroses. I started with three plants and this one is the only one that returns every year.


And now the fiddleheads are up. Richard and I picked them behind the house and chowed down on this handful, stir fried with some lima beans and green peas.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

The first picking of the season is always special. I had my first asparagus spear yesterday. Love the pansies - I'm off to get some tomorrow.

Newsman said...

Love the fiddlehead entry, except, there was no mention of the onslaught of another natural resource - those blackflies.

The pansies shot is terrific!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

Ah, we have fiddleheads in February and no black flies...It's so nice to sit in the back yard without headnets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails