Thursday, December 31, 2009

Great Wall in Alexandria

I pass this mural every time I drive into Alexandria, Ontario, a town I shop in all the time. It was done a few years back by a friend of mine, Odile Tetu, and I thought it was high time I stopped and took a photograph of it. Nice, eh? It shows a bit of the history of the old town and some of its former mayors and some better-known townspeople.
And while I have your attention, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very healthy and happy 2010. And happy blogging!

6 comments:

Marcia said...

And to you too, my BABY SIS!!
xxoo M

Two Minute Takes said...

Love the wall, thanks for posting the picture. I'd love to see more beautiful artwork such as this revitalizing cold and lifeless concrete throughout our towns and cities. Best wishes to you as well for a happy and healthy 2010!

Knatolee said...

Okay, where the heck is this? I go to Alexandria all the time and have never noticed it. Colour me OBLIVIOUS!

Happy New Year to you, Richard, and the kitties galore!

Ronna said...

Knatolee, it's at Mill Square. I used to park there all the time when the drug store was across the street. And when Big Luke's was up and running. Know where I mean?

Addison Dewitt said...

Mmmm-whah. Mmmm-whah.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Oooh, you are making me real homesick again. Happy new year to you!!
The mural is sure holding up well. Better than the one on Main st.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails