Friday, June 18, 2010

Poutine at The Gage

In Chicago, right across from Millennium Park is a restaurant called The Gage.


It's actually directly across the street, so close that you can see the park reflected in its front door. I had Googled "poutine in Chicago" and The Gage popped up with glowing reviews.


And they were all right! Elk ragout poutine, delicious, creamy gravy making the curds, still squeaky in their freshness, melt a bit, all served over very good fries.


Richard loved it...


...and so did I! It definitely rated 5 curds out of a possible 5! Yum!

3 comments:

Julia said...

how many curds did this one merit? :)

Jack D'Mestiere said...

OK, Rouge. This is why you need categories. You can't just lump an elk ragout poutine with some freakin' chip shop up the line.

I think you need a difficulty factor and a performance, like in diving at the Olympics...

David said...

I've been to the Gage numerous times but I've never had the poutine. I'll be sure to try it next time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails