Monday, August 25, 2014

Memories of Ben's Delicatessen

 If you're from Montreal (or have ever visited there), it's likely that you visited Ben's Delicatessen. Or maybe you wish you had.

 Ben's was downtown Montreal's hot spot for many years until 2006. I have many memories of tall smoked meat sandwiches and Ben's special drink, that kinda tasted like melted cherry Lifesavers. When I was young, my dad's office was right next door to this institution, so we visited it often.

 I had cousins visiting from the U.S.A. over the weekend and we ended up taking in the show at the McCord Museum, devoted the the history of Ben's Delicatessen.

A fun exhibit with clever displays (famous quotes were on the ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles) and a great place to take my visitors to ... what a fun day!

To read more about the exhibit, click on this CBC link

1 comment:

Evlyn said...

I never got to Ben's but I like the concept of the show. Those old places really were historically significant and, in their own way, works of art. Looks like a lot of fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails