Monday, February 13, 2012

Precious Cargo Cake

For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to make Richard and me a cake. I got inspired by the one I made for Natalie and Gordon's shared birthdays last month. I love those cheap, silly hearts with cute sentiments and used them like packing peanuts with all of us as precious cargo.

Inside the delicious corrugated box was red velvet cake.


 What can I say? It was yummy. And pretty too!

All that I'm left with are the memories, lots of cake in the freezer and some cute fondant characters of Richard, me, and Percy, Barney, Nutmeg, Oreo and Cookie. Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

You have the most creative ideas! The cake (box?) is so much fun!

Deb said...

That is the best yet. It's nice to meet all your kitties even if they are fondant. Hugs, Deb

Knatolee said...

Poor Gordon won't get anything approaching that for V-Day!!!! Fabulous.

Elisabeth said...

OMG. The kitties are cute as a button| I recognised Oreo and cookie right away...and Percy too, of course! Very very good job!

Evlyn said...

What an amazing cake. And what a way to say Happy Valentine's! Love it (pun intended)!

Anonymous said...

It would be a struggle for me to cut into something so gorgeous ... but that red velvet looks delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails