Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birds Not of a Feather

I love bird watching from my office window. The chickadees are so cute and friendly. They'll actually feed out of your hand, if you're patient enough.

The American tree sparrow is also called the "winter chipping sparrow" because they look so similar. But we only get chipping sparrows in these parts in the summertime. They're easy to confuse!

The downy woodpecker hangs out at my suet feeder. This is the female of the pair (she lacks the red spots behind her head).

And here's the man in her life. The ever handsome and showy boy downy woodpecker.


And here's the ultimate birdwatcher, Oreo, who doesn't give a hoot what kind of birds show up. She wants to eat them all! Thankfully, she's an indoor cat.

2 comments:

Deb said...

The chickadees have always been my favorite. I carried a picture of one in my wallet when I was young. ?not sure why. Lovely photos this morning, Ronna. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

I always enjoy your bird pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails