Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Domino 1990-2010

Domino showed up at our house on December 24, 1990...


...and Mom named her Domino because she was wearing a domino mask, like the ones worn at carnival.


She gained fame when her image was featured on a door hanger for New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.


When she sat on my lap, which for the past few years was every mealtime, I often dressed her up and swore that she'd be a shoe-in for a part in Fiddler on the Roof.


She celebrated her 20th birthday just last September.


One of her favourite things was to drink milky tea from a mug. I'd make a cup of tea especially for her when I was fixing a cup for myself.


In the past week, almost exactly twenty years to the day she appeared, her health started to deteriorate and she passed away. I will miss you my sweet Domino.

11 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Domino. Lynne

Knatolee said...

Getting all choked up again. A lovely tribute to a very special cat. She will be missed by many, but most of all by you.

Sharon said...

Having just lost my dear, sweet Amber, I can only imagine your sorrow over Domino's passing. Smile for the many special days and ways you spent with her.

Addison Dewitt said...

How can you not love a cat that had theatrical ambitions? Here's to you Domino!

Sarah said...

Steve and I are so sorry to hear of Domino's passing. She was clearly a very special cat!

Marcia said...

Dommie was an amazing cat.. I know you will miss her.. You have to try to teach Nuttie to drink tea!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry to hear your pussy died. She was a very lucky cat to have had such a happy home with you.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely presence she was in your life. I'm so sorry.

Susan Williamson said...

I was so sorry to hear about Domino. As the companion of an old doggie, I know how bittersweet your memories must be. Thanks for sharing Domino's story.
P.S. The word verification I got was catsun ...can you believe it? I'm sure this means she's in a wonderful place.

Unknown said...

Domino is lying in the sun in heaven as we speak- what a wonderful companion all these years! The stories she could tell... So sorry for you and Richard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails