Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tennessee Travels #5

More stuff from Tennessee. Am I boring ya'll yet? This time off to Lynchburg, about an hour and a half drive south from Nashville. We went to Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House. The meals are served at two sittings and served family style at a table full of other folks -- pass to the left please.


The table was covered with fried chicken, meatloaf, turnip greens, macaroni and cheese, apples baked in Jack Daniels (yum!), black-eyed peas, cole slaw, corn bread and of course, a glass of sweet tea. My cousin Jane, Richard and I just loved it.


After our lunch, we headed to the Jack Daniel's Distillery and took a tour of the premises and found out how the whisky was made.


The cave spring flows year-round at 800 gallons per minute at a constant temperature of 56° and is virtually iron free. It’s the reason why the distillery was located in this spot originally – and why it’s remained there ever since.


I gave the 5'2" statue of Jack, who's standing guard at this spot, a wee peck on the cheek and thanked him for the fine visit down south.

4 comments:

Addison Dewitt said...

Looks like someone in that crowd has had a bit too much Jack Daniel's...

Knatolee said...

Noway am I bored! It's like I get to take a trip every time I read your blog.

Dusty said...

Not bored yet. Didn't realize you and Jack were so close, hee.

Jack D'Mestiere said...

OK, there are several places that I've just targeted in the War on LARD!, starting with Miss Mary's Boarding House. I will order an aerial strike of Lipator immediately.

Now, on to Jack Daniel's. You know I love the brown liquor--the sour mash whiskey. Well, as part of the War on LARD! (and I suppose the Treat Your Liver With Love program), I haven't had a drink of the elixir since September 5. Wah! You had everything I love, well except Fiora and the kids...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails