Saturday, August 1, 2009

Glengarry Highland Games

Considered the largest Highland Games in the world, it's time again for the Glengarry Highland Games in Maxville, Ontario. The town grows from 500 souls to over 30,000! The town is pretty quiet the rest of the year (like when I took this photo). It's only 15 minutes away from me but when the Games are on, it can take an hour to get into town.



Our local Tim Horton's donut shop has this sign posted in its shop and has extra staff on duty for the weekend...and extended hours too. Phew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! My daughter-in-law was born in Scotland and she and my son had a bagpiper at their wedding. My son wore one of her family's kilts and now has one of his own. Her parents have a big Scottish dance every New Year's Eve. Send some of that rain and cool temps. down here to Texas, won't you?

frannie said...

Och! There's nae a sound so sad as bagpipes in the rain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails