Friday, August 15, 2008

Travelogue: Great Art & Food

My friend Fran and I took my 90-year old Aunt Sylvia for a day at the Museum of Civilization in Hull, Quebec yesterday. In the background, you can see the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa, on the other side of the river.

There's the fabulous architecture of the Museum to appreciate outdoors...

...and indoors, here are Fran and Aunt Sylvia entering the "Great Hall."

Aunt Syl and me in front of the fantastic aborignal exhibit in the Great Hall.

Lovely things behind this wall too!

...and totem poles in abundance.

We visited the Museum's café for lunch. Sylvia ordered "Tuna three ways": tartar, deep-fried and sesame crusted.

Fran had pan fried farm trout and spinach salad.

I had the smoked chicken pizza with pine nuts, sun-dried tomato pesto and goat's cheese. Now that's what I call great art!

3 comments:

kate said...

Can you believe that I have never been to the Museum of Civilization! I think it's time to go! If only for the museum's café food! Thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I'm so glad you posted these pix. What a lovely gift to give your aunt. And art and super food. A perfect day.

--Nancy

mansuetude said...

love that inside space with the windows. I want to go too. Sweet treat of a trip, and the food too. Yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails