Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Greener ATC Group


Our ATC group here in Dunvegan usually numbers 15-20 people. Each month we serve coffee, tea and juice (and cookies too). But the little hall we meet in only has 5 or 6 coffee mugs (they have hundreds of dainty cups and saucers but they are a nuisance to enthusiastic traders who need at least one hand to grab a card)!

Having listened to a bit of the Green Earth concert last Saturday, I decided that we as a group, can actually do something. I've e-mailed all the traders and asked them to donate their extra ceramic mugs to the hall so that we can have enough for everyone and avoid using styrofoam and plastic cups. People have been wonderful. A few people wrote and said they had spare drinking glasses as well. Another said she had cutlery she could donate too.

Does anyone have Al Gore's address? I'd like to tell him that we're doing our bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like my coffee in a cardboard cup.

Jack D'Mestiere said...

could be

2100 West End Avenue, Suite 620, Nashville, TN 37203 USA

I hope you use your cardboard more than onece Mandy!

Unknown said...

Egad! Can you point me towards these lovely green mugs in your picture?! They look fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails