Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Cake

I've wanted to paint with food colouring onto a fondant-covered cake for sometime now and decided the time was right. Every year over Thanksgiving weekend at Lake of Bays, (near Algonquin Park) I paint a scene in my sketch book. Richard's family has a cottage there and all his family come up to celebrate the season. We all cook various meals and have a wonderful time. I usually bring a cake.


I was happy to hold the cake up to the scene that inspired it. Under that fondant was a carrot cake and we dug into it after our turkey dinner with all the fixings. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

1 comment:

Evlyn said...

Your cakes are always works of art - but this Fall Cake is taking it to a new level since it is, quite literally, a work of "Art" (i.e., a painting)! Lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails