Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lunch with Goslings

Sunny days have taken me to the park for lunchtime. The other day, I had my sandwich on a park bench as the Canada Geese and their babies had their lunch on the lawn in front of me.


Mom and Pop decided it was time to take the little ones for a march.


Off they trundled towards the sandy beach.


And in they got...like ducks to water...er, geese to water. Oh, you know what I mean.


And off they swam...Hey wait a minute. Didn't your mother always tell you that you had to wait 30 minutes before hitting the water after eating?

6 comments:

Knatolee said...

These are the cutest photos. And look at all those ducklings!!

Marcia said...

Adorable and lovely photos!

Elisabeth said...

AWWWWWWW.
Love the babies...

Addison Dewitt said...

My mother always said we had to wait an hour. All those hours of waiting... for what has turned out to be an ol' wives' tale.

Evlyn said...

Obviously, geese have more sense than humans. When you see water, just get in! I wish my mother had thought that.

Margie said...

Knowing Canada Geese, they pooped out lunch before they got to the water...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails