Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Blooms

I can't believe that today is already the last day of June! The blooms of this month have come and gone so quickly, I haven't had time to blog about them. My mother's gorgeous Japanese flowering crab is at its greatest beauty for three or four days at the end of May/beginning of June.


The peonies bloomed and died so quickly this year I barely had a chance to enjoy them.


These tiger lilies are somewhere between a red and dark orange. The great thing about these blooms is that they last quite a while...unless it gets too hot for too long.


Speaking of lilies, I shot these waterlilies at Mill Pond in Alexandria during a drizzle. I did a project on waterlilies once in elementary school because I loved the fact they bloomed on water. It's not often that I've noticed two different kinds blooming side-by-side.


These amazing, crepe paper-like poppies only last a day or two. I especially love this variety that is a pale salmon pink. Very unusual.


You can always count on these dependable pansies. I planted them at the beginning of May and they'll still be flowering into the fall.

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

What gorgeous flowers! I adore flowering crab trees!

Sam Smith said...

I love that crab tree, very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails