Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Basil

This year, I kept my basil in a pot, instead of planting it in the garden, and brought it inside. It's hard to believe it's lasted this long!

 Richard made some spaghetti sauce this weekend and it seemed the perfect time to use all the basil up.

It really added a nice flavour to the sauce. Next year I have to remember to keep a few basil plants in pots. I've been using the leaves from this one to flavour sauces, omelettes and salads since the summer. All with that same plant. Amazing.

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

I'm gonna do that next year. I didn't think you'd keep it going until December! Amazing!

David said...

I didn't have any luck with basil like you did. However, I had cherry tomatoes until last week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails