Monday, May 30, 2011

Animal Farm

On my lunch hour at work, when it's raining and I can't sit at the park, I head to our local mill, bird seed and pet shop...mostly to play with the kittens. This time, there were no kittens so I checked out the budgies...


...and the cockatiels.


The ducklings were adorable.


I used to have turtles when I was younger (almost all of them were named Yertle) and didn't know you could still buy them. These were $29.99 each. I think when I was little they were $3!


It was lunchtime for the chameleon and the gal at the shop gave this fellow some live crickets and I got to see him extend his big, pink tongue and have some nom-noms.


This young, pale ferret was having a nice lunchtime snooze.


The best of all was this pair of Australian shepherd pups. The blue-eyed boy beauty...


..and his gorgeous brown-eyed sister. Both ended up being carried around and hugged by me. I went back to work with wood shavings on my sweater!

5 comments:

Claire said...

A lovely way to spend your lunch hour Ronna. Would put you in a good mood for the rest of the day being surrounded by al those cute and interesting pets.

Have to say those pups are adorable, yes, I know I'm biased.........

Would be hard to resist them.

Hope you week has gotten off to a good start

Deb said...

Now that was one fancy lunch-hour. :)

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Wood shavings are the sign of a lunch well-spent! Who can't hug a puppy? See you soon.

Marcia said...

Sounds like a great lunch!

Evlyn said...

Wow - I'm jealous. I get to look at civil servants on my lunch hour! The pic of the chameleon is great - so colourful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails