Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Festival de la Poutine

Richard and I went to Drummondville, QC to attend the Festival de la Poutine and got press passes.


We got in early, before the crowds, to check out the poutine booths setting up.


There was an enourmous stage with huge Poutine Festival banners on either side of it.


At about 3 p.m., folks started drifting into the show. The first performance was Pass Partout, a kids' show.


There were clowns and jugglers...


...and people tasting poutine around every corner.


I took notes of where and what we tasted.


My friend Anthony (from mapoutine.ca) and I both took tons of photos.


Lots of poutine with orange-ish, tomato-based gravy, apparently a specialty in the Drummondville area.


And other poutines like this one called "Poutine Taquise."


This one, in my opinion, was by far the rock star of the event. Chef Martin Picard's lobster poutine. Oh. My. Gawd.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails