Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine fun

 Okay, I love to play with my food! I figured Valentine's Day would be a fun time to do this. 
I invited Richard for a mid-week Valentine's dinner. We started with a cold borscht beet soup, topped with sour cream and a heart-shaped pickled beet.

 Next I made a salad of blood orange supremes, served atop romaine lettuce and sprinkled with roasted walnuts, feta cheese and a few more heart beets...

 Since there was kind of a red thing going on, I made a reddish chicken...pineapple chicken in a red sauce with pineapples and red, yellow and orange peppers.

 For dessert, I made individual mini-cakes shaped like conversation hearts. Since Richard and I share the same initials, I made a teeny cake heart that said, RM x2.

Perfect way to say "I love you!" Hope your valentine's day was delicious too!

2 comments:

Evlyn said...

Everything looks both delicious and romantic!

Cat Lover said...

What a wonderful meal! A feast for the eyes and tummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails