Friday, August 19, 2016

Nightmare Before Christmas wedding

It's been a busy wedding season this year! 
I was asked by Christina and Kristin to bake a cake for their wedding with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. They are a very cool, creative couple Christina is a hair stylist; Kristin is a musician. As Christina said to me, you're an artist so I'll let you be inspired. Go for it. And I did.
We didn't discuss design or colour. I thought black and white with a pop of red would be elegant. Since the theme could be interpreted as a bit on the Halloween side of things, I decided to avoid orange or other colours. I wanted the cake to stand out. And stand out it did!
Turns out the bridesmaids were all dressed in red and the decor under the tent was red and white. Score! The cake fit in perfectly. A good time was had by all and the cake was devoured by 150 guests.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails