Friday, May 23, 2014

Through the window

 This time of year the birds are in glorious plumage.


 The American goldfinch goes from drab olive colour to bright yellow by the time May comes around.

 I'm so lucky to have Mr. and Mrs. Grosbeak at my feeders. Actually, four pairs of them!

These two photos of the grosbeak were shot through a screen...when I tried through the glass, he flew away. At any rate, you can still see his beauty albeit in soft focus. Lovely, big bird that looks to me like he has a napkin tied around his neck and he's ready to dig in to his dinner.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad that you have so many grosbeaks. I usually have one or two passing through, but never nesting. They are so striking and their song is so beautiful. May they have many babies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails