Thursday, February 14, 2013

I LOVE Valentine's Day

 I've had this Robert Indiana LOVE poster on my wall since university. It's a silkscreen copy of the original from his show at the Stable Gallery, 1966. But it's signed! In college Mr. Indiana and I exchanged letters for about a year when he helped me with a design project. So I mailed him this poster and asked him to sign it...and he did.


About five years ago on a family girls weekend in New York City, we came upon his famous sculpture. That's my sis-in-law, two nieces and my sis with me in the middle.


 Two years ago, Richard and I went to the Farnsworth Museum in Maine. I think that the artist still lives on a small island in Maine, not far from where we were.


 Also at the Farnsworth, Richard posed with a different version of the LOVE sculpture.


So for Valentine's Day this year, I thought it would be a good idea to make a LOVE cake. Dense chocolate cake with a ganache filling for two. Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Billy Banana said...

Boy, who's the lucky one who gets to cut into that? I LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails