Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day #2

This valentine was from a silk screen made of Richard and me at a party in New Jersey. The original photo was sent to a fine arts student at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, who had asked for images of couples. She was gathering them for a giant montage she'd create for a show at Queen's Union Gallery, first making each picture into a silk screen of various colours. I never saw the final creation, but she was good enough to send me a few samples. I took one of them and added a few hearts and colour ink splashes and "voila"...a valentine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good technique but maybe too... illustrative?

Susan Williamson said...

I hope you don't mind if I use the word "adorable," but that's the word that immediately comes to mind here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails