Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Judging

 Over the weekend, the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in Dunvegan hosted a reenactment of the War of 1812. Participants camped on the grounds in 1812-style camping gear.
For the pumpkin pie contest, they had to make a pie, right from the pumpkin itself and bake it on an open fire. A challenge to be sure.

 My friend Peggi and I were asked to be judges and taste the pies.

There were five in all and they differed somewhat in flavour. Amazing to both of us that you could actually prepare a pie, in the rain, on an open fire. Pretty great results!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like "Extreme pie baking!" What a cool thing to judge. :)

Evlyn said...

What intrepid pie-makers! And brave judges too! It was raining so hard on the weekend, I am impressed.

Deb said...

I can't imagine making a pie without a regular oven. But if I had to judge pie, pumpkin would be my choice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails